Re: installer can't detect my usb adapter

On Mon, Jan 2, 2023 at 7:35 PM lou <loushanguan2015@sina.com> wrote:
i have realtek 8188eus usb adapter, it works in buster

but after reboot, it can't be recognized, i have to unplug and plug usb
adapter to help detection. this isn't big inconvenience for me because i
rarely reboot

my problem is bullseye installer can't detect it even after i unplug and
plug it. i run "modprobe r8188eu" in installer's terminal, it doesn't
help detection. lsusb command doesn't exist. if wifi isn't setup by
installer, then i am unable to setup it after installation because of
some debian bug

Which installation medium are you using? I have a RealTek WiFi adapter and it requires the non-free installer for binary blobs to work.

https://cdimage.debian.org/images/unofficial/non-free/images-including-firmware/11.6.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-dvd/

Tim

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀