Re: Advantages/Disadvantages of Open Source Software (Was Re: Package grub-xen-host breaks PV domains with 11.5 point release)

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 02:14:38PM -0400, Chuck Zmudzinski wrote:
So do you, obviously. Someone said something that raised that question in my mind,
but you deleted that part from this message, which proves you are the one who has
an ax to grind by not answering the question that has been raised by the comments
you and another person has been making.

What question? I saw no question. Either talk about specifics or it's nothing but empty FUD.

Either get to the point and discuss
what's bothering you directly or stop with the pointless rhetorical
questions.

It bothers me that there are supposed advocates of free/oss software like Debian
who think that it is good for free/oss software if the persons who volunteer
to develop and maintain free software like Debian can ignore bugs reported to them
and refuse to fix them.

Here's the thing: it's open source. If you think it's not being done right THEN YOU DO IT DIFFERENTLY. If you don't like how some software is being maintained, fork it and show everyone how it can be done better. It's unreasonable to just sit on the sidelines and make vague accusations. The ax you want to grind seems to involve one specific issue. Tell us what it is, then everyone can decide for themselves whether you have a point, whether it can/should be addressed, or whether you're just mad that you can't make someone else do what you want.