Re: Can't create a password successfully.

On Sun, Apr 03, 2022 at 11:12:07PM -0700, Charlie Gibbs wrote:
> On Sun Apr  3 23:07:14 2022 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

[...]

> > Much of it is security theater.
>
> I'll remember that phrase.

I learnt it from Bruce Schneier [1]. I have the hunch that he coined
it himself.

> > Someone (TM) up the chain can tick the checkbox "password security
> > enforced". Then, the Rest of the Web (TM) goes forth and cargo-cults
> > that, because that's how the Web is held together.
>
> https://xkcd.com/936/

:-)

Not the worst way to choose passwords. Actually, before resorting to
pwgen, I used to pick up one random item on my (always cluttered) desk,
see if it contains a series number of sorts and use that.

Cheers

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Schneier