Re: how many W a PSU for non-gaming Debian?

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> But again, the GPU - if I don't play games, do I still need
>> the W for that, as high?
>
> What happens if your PSU doesn't have a high enough wattage
> is that things will work fine as long as your actual
> consumption is below the PSU's limit but if for some reason
> you push the system beyond the limit, then funny things
> can/will happen, including immediate shutdown, crash, ...

Yeah, understood.

Since "how many W are needed for a gaming card if you don't
play games?" isn't going to answer itself anytime soon I'm
gonna pull it and see if I can do mail, programming and mpv
just fine with the CPU only ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal