Re: Jessie iceweasel: This Connection is Untrusted

Hi,

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> Honestly - I'd suggest disconnecting the machine from the Internet until
> you are able to upgrade it - it's far enough out of support that it's now
> ELTS.
> I'd suggest that you consider immediate upgrade if you can

I know and am working long term on changing the situation.
Iceweasel is confined to no Javascript and the machine cannot (easily)
be reached from outside. Nevertheless it should be able to reach out
to some conservatively programmed web sites.

> - what is the reason you cannot?

Business, proprietary software, housebroken hardware, my big mouth that
GNU/Linux will not terminate service just because it is too old, ...

If the premium-but-old hardware breaks or if the browser itself breaks
with an important web site, then i have better arguments for a new system.
But a mere lack of https certificates is no strong reason. It just lets me
look stupid, currently.

So any cool sysadmin trick would be welcome, which does not change more
than necessary on this time-frozen system.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas