Re: Updating kernels impossible when /boot is getting full

> So really think hard before splitting off a filesystem outside of
> volume management. I believe it is more likely to cause problems
> than it is to avoid problems.

All my machines have a separate /boot partition (and everything
else in LVM).  These are all "historical accidents", because at the time
I set them up, the respective boot loader (LILO, Grub, U-Boot) didn't
know how to read LVM volumes, and I just never bothered to change.

But I fully agree with you: if your bootloader can read from LVM
(as is the case with Grub2), then you're better off without a separate
/boot partition.

        Stefan "not sure if U-Boot can read from LVM yet"