Re: How do I get back the GRUB menu with the blue background?

Hi

> Sent: Friday, July 02, 2021 at 8:58 AM
> From: "deloptes" <emanoil.kotsev@deloptes.org>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: How do I get back the GRUB menu with the blue background?
>

> As this is a fresh installation, why don't you just wipe everything linux
> partitions and install again the way you want it.

That was what I did. But I wish to learn how to repair GRUB in a non-destructive way.

> Alternatively boot into a usb or live cd or installer, mount the volumes and
> chroot into (there are many howtos)
>
> I use something like following where SYSTEM is the target ppath
>
> mount --make-unbindable -obind /proc/ $SYSTEM/proc/ && \
> mount --make-unbindable -obind /dev/ $SYSTEM/dev/ && \
> mount --make-unbindable -obind /dev/pts $SYSTEM/dev/pts && \
> mount --make-unbindable -obind /run $SYSTEM/run && \
> mount --make-unbindable -obind /sys $SYSTEM/sys/ && \
>
> chroot $SYSTEM su -
>
> when you are there reinstall grub and run update-grub

I discovered that reinstalling GRUB and then ran update-grub didn't help at all. The issue still persists. With my limited technical knowledge, the only way for me to get back the GRUB menu with the blue background is to reinstall Debian.