Re: How to verify newly burned disc

Hi,

Michael Lange wrote:
> I see, that does not sound trivial, at least to me :)

It would be a nice first exercise in about any programming language.
The first time i implemented such a thing was for a QIC tape drive
which overheated when running at full speed.

At the begin of this thread:
> > > [...] I finally picked no. 1 of 2 of these Asus DRW-24D5MTs [...]

> So far the Asus managed to pass all tests, so probably I should just be
> grateful to all the transcendental authorities that guided my hand when I
> picked that carton from the shelf :)

Does yours pull in the tray automatically after 200 seconds of standing
out ?

I made a little poll here about this behavior, 1.5 years ago:
Overview of result:

I wonder whether this is related to this obscure description on
  https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Optical-Drives/Internal-DVD-Drive/DRW-24D5MT/

  "E-Green technology auto-closes drive application when not in use,
   saving over 50% power consumption for users"

(What might be meant by "drive application" ?)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas