Re: use of $ARGS in systemd unit file by prometheus package

> Hi.
>
>> ExecStart=/usr/bin/prometheus $ARGS
>>
>> I know I can simply override the unit file with one in
>> /etc/systemd/system, but what if I wanted to use this variable? Where
>> would I set it?
>

> See "EnvironmentFile" directive above.
> Check manual pages for more info:
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.service.html
> and
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.exec.html

Thanks.

I think EnvironmentFile is just used for setting the environment file
of the running process.
Setting ARGS in /etc/default/prometheus seems to add the value to the
command line arguments, as well as to an environment variable called
ARGS for the prometheus process.
I can't find any mention of this in the systemd or prometheus docs,
but it works.