Re: drives spin 100% of the time, idle down?

That makes sense.These WD drives I got to sleep automatically after 10m are 2013 Blue desktop drives.The firmware on new ones may behave differently.The Seagate Barracudas in the NAS do respond to a sleep command (hdparm -y) but not any command to change the auto sleep time - they stay spinning forever unless you tell them to stop.I have two brand new 1TB Blue turning up today so will see how they work.

--
  James B
  portoteacher80@fastmail.com