Re: non-smart debian phone

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 10:42 PM Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com> wrote:
Is the screen really a show-stopper?  If not, how about getting a
PinePhone CE, and running Mobian or postmarketOS on it?

https://store.pine64.org/product/pinephone-community-edition-postmarketos-with-convergence-package-limited-edition-linux-smartphone/

-r

Hi Rich,

Thanks for posting.

So i ended up doing just what i did not want to do, and i'm back in Android land.  My reason is because the network provider, Mint, offered 3 months at $15/month, at least as a teaser, and they sold me some screen phone with android for about $60.

The deal with Mint is they require phones which are "4G LTE and VoLTE friendly".

So i think my search should have been for the right network, which can support the kind of device i want (namely, something as close to the free world as possible).

So next time i search, i hope to do it more intelligently.

dan