Re: Some keys on the keyboard do not work

On Tuesday, August 11, 2020 10:28:37 AM Stefan Monnier wrote:
> That should work as well, but I was never able to disassemble any part
> of a keyboard without having the impression that I was breaking it, so
> I prefer to refrain from any such thing.

I started doing it a long time ago, so have probably gotten used to the
various shortcuts in manufacturing that have been added over the years (which
tend to make each newer keyboard a little bit more of a puzzle).

Generally, the keys can be lifted / snapped up by gently prying with something
like a table knife (not sharp).  I do it in an uncluttered area so that if
something does go flying, I can find it (but, I keep one hand cupped over the
key I'm removing so I don't often lose anything).

There are usually screws on the bottom, often hidden under pads or labels that
you can remove  to separate the bottom and top.  There are often several
layers of clear plastic with various coatings which I am very careful with (to
avoid scratching and to reassemble in the proper sequence).