Re: geolocation services disabled and Gnome maps

On 2020-04-12, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 11:48:40AM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Just to clarify, the privacy concern here is the software accessing the
>> internet without explicit user consent, regardless of what it is using
>> this information for (internal only or providing it to other software).

In the end this turns out to be an outstanding bug:

 ...geoclue is communicating with location.services.mozilla.com when it should
    not.

    Work around is to disable and mask geoclue.service.

I note that I do not have a geoclue.service to disable or mask, opened the Maps
app from my LXDE desktop (with org.gnome.system.location enabled set to false)
and Maps found me anyway (within a small stone's throw).