Re: ntp questions

On Sun, 2020-03-15 at 08:37 -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> BTW for controlling gadgets and machines I think that boards such as the
> Pyboard, the Teensies (Sparkfun) and the Feathers (Adafruit) may be much
> more suitable than the Pi.  These boards have control/DSP oriented
> processors and lots of I/O instead of graphics and HDMI.

Sounds sensible, however I believe Gene needs graphics as well for the
CNC software's GUI; at least from what I've gathered over the years of
him trying to get realtime kernels working on the Pi as well as
propriety graphics. Personally, I've always though such a design
architecture is totally bonkers, why isn't GUI and machine control
completely separate things. But that's not Gene's fault, it's the
software designers.

--
Tixy