Re: cannot view Trash? now gmail rant

On Thursday, March 05, 2020 01:13:54 PM Gene Heskett wrote:
> off topic, but how many times do we have to tell gmail users they have to
> have 2 accounts, one to send to and one to receive? Otherwise gmail
> thinks the echo from a mailing list is a duplicate and deletes it,
> making the poor user think his message didn't get posted.

Maybe once?  I've never seen this advice before, and I've been around for a
few years.  I suppose I could have inferred that from some other comments I've
seen (that point out that you don't ever see / get the echo from the mailing
list), or figured it out on my own (I guess I never had a burning need to do
so).

My point is, I don't think the word has been spread very far.