Re: bash, find and error message question

David Wright wrote:
> My question would be:
>
> Which directory is your current directory—what does pwd say?
> After all, the error messages say "reading directory '.': Protocol error",
> and not knowing where you are is unsettling for any command.

  in the script i'm using a variable but the text of that
variable is the same as /home/me/pics/camera

  i've got the new version working instead where it uses
lsusb and greps for the camera ID line when it is actually
available.

  now i have to debug the rest of it which was working ok
before i made a few changes.  my eyes are tired, gonna take
a break for a while.  :)  thanks.  :)

  songbird