Re: fix for no ssh

On Lu, 08 iul 19, 14:50:18, Gene Heskett wrote:

> But I must say even I was surprised by the near total bailout when I
> mentioned that it was raspian. Obviously in retrospect, there is bad
> blood?

Not from me. I was very much happy with Raspbian when I my Raspberry Pis
were still in use.

On the other hand Debian felt like from the moment I started with it and
I was happy to be able to return to it once it gained sufficient support
for my current hardware.

As far as I'm concerned trying to diagnose problems on Raspbian would
take significantly more time, because:

1. I don't know where/how much it diverges from pure Debian.

   (It's been years since I last used it)

2. I don't have the means to test my assumptions/advice.

   (I don't like to provide wrong advice, even though I know somebody
   will correct it, literally within minutes [1])

It also doesn't help when posters don't provide the information being
asked for (or mangle it). If they know so well what is or not relevant
how come they can't they solve their own problems?

Given the above I believe my limited available time is just better spent
helping people that are running something closer to pure Debian.

[1] which reminds me of https://xkcd.com/386/ :)

Kind regards,
Andrei