Re: [solved?] Can't Upgrade to Buster

On 7/7/19 9:42 AM, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 08:44:52 -0500
Mark Allums <mark@allums.email> wrote:

Hello Mark,

I am not exactly sure why you are concerned about "mixed repos".

Personally, I'm not.  However, the nature of your questions indicated to
me that you aren't entirely at home fiddling with this stuff.  I stress;
to me.  It also seems I may have come to the wrong conclusion about your
capabilities in this area.  My apologies.

No problem. I am experienced, but I don't subscribe to all the mailing lists. I'm no guru.

Having a mixture of stable and testing under certain circumstances can
be a recipe for disaster.  Check the list archives; there are quite a
few examples of people getting into a mess when mixing repos in this way.

Generally updates to discrete packages and sets of packages are okay. I am careful about system packages. E.g., I would update VLC or LibreOffice, but not systemd.

Thanks for all your help.

Mark