Re: date(1) in stretch and buster

On 2019-04-09, Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org> wrote:

> The output may differ depending on you operating system level,
> given Reco's observations.  Feel free to have à look at
> /usr/share/zoneinfo/, to have an idea of the available
> locations.

I took a look.

I was confused to note the presence of the UCT zone. UCT? Shouldn't that
be UTC?  But the latter zone proves to be a symlink to the former.

Then there's the GMT0, GMT-0, and GMT+0 zones, all symlinks to plain old
venerable GMT, which kind of makes sense, I guess, zero being what it is.

Anyway, it's getting late.

Out.