Re: Python issue?

>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/psutil/_pslinux.py", line
> 1088, in read_procfs
>     raise ValueError("not sure how to interpret line %r" % line)
>
> Any hint/clue?

  _pslinux.py opens /proc/diskstats, and tries to parse the contents.

  It finds a line "    8 0 sda ..." which it doesn't understand.

> This seems to have already happened like a month ago [2], but the code
> on GitLab hasn't changed in more than a year, so, the fix must have
> come from some other way...

  Perhaps you've upgraded your kernel, and different data has been
 stored in the file (which is a /proc file, and thus created by the
 kernel.)

> [1] https://gitlab.com/o9000/phwmon
> [2] https://gitlab.com/o9000/phwmon/issues/3

  Opening a bug, then closing it with no reason why must be very
 frustrating for the maintainer.  Not to mention others who hit the
 same problem.

  Regardless it seems your problem is with the pslinux python
 library which I guess is the Debian package `python-psutil`:

    https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=python-psutil

Steve
--
https://steve.fi/