Re: Limerick twiddling (was Re: I do not want to install Linux)

On Friday, February 09, 2018 01:04:49 PM The Wanderer wrote:
> On 2018-02-09 at 12:49, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

> > There once was a hacker from Bali
> > Who did her forensics on Kali
> > One day to be rude
> > She posed in the nude
> > Got fingered by Tom, Dick, and Sally.
>
> The meter and scansion of that are better, but the first syllable of the
> rhyming word isn't consistent.
>
> The "a" in at least one (and I think both) of "Bali" and "Kali" matches
> one in "call", "fall", "mall", or "wall", or the "o" in "doll"; by
> contrast, the "a" in "Sally" matches the one in "pal", "Hal", or
> "shall".

Interesting, I guess it depends how you pronounce things.  I would pronounce
Bali as in Bali Hai (sp?) from an old show or movie or something, where Bali
is like B(Hal) Lee.  Is there an official pronunciation of Bali and Kali as in
the distros?

Anyway, not a big deal, I think I'll just think of it like in Bali Hai.

Have a good day!