Re: policy around 'wontfix' bug tag

On Mon 05 Feb 2018 at 19:00:16 (+0000), Brian wrote:
> On Mon 05 Feb 2018 at 08:32:32 -0600, David Wright wrote:
>
> > If it really worries you, the answer might be ~/.procmailrc and
> >
> > :0 Wh: $HOME/msgid.lock
> > | formail -D 199999 $HOME/msgid.cache
> >
> > I used it for years.
>
> So has Microsoft in Exchange. They use it to delete a user's mails
> silently. Emulating this on Debian is not to be recommended. It is
> sad to see this idea advanced here.

The fact that someone abuses a method that you use yourself does not
invalidate that method. There's nothing sad about the method when
you've set it up ypurself.

I open my front door with a key. If I give a copy to my neighbour
for safekeeping, I don't expect them to go and open it without
(a) first being given permission and (b) telling me about the
circumstances, should it ever happen.

Cheers,
David.