Re: LXDE panel disappeared

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 19:31:14 +0900 A_Man_Without_Clue
<love.chaser@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/16/2017 12:03 AM, A_Man_Without_Clue wrote:
> >

> >  [big snip]
> >
> > Thank you for your input.
> > No, it wasn't minimizing feature of the panel. The panel was
> > completely gone.
> > Alt + F1 brings the menu on the LXDE but I did not try that.
> >
> > What I have found out is that if I add the panel in addition to
> > default one, the default panel disappears after reboot. Some icons
> > on the newly added panel also disappears. AND I can not delete the
> > newly added panel.
> >
> > What I had to do is that I had to re-create my account, this time
> > not to mess with desktop panel.
> > This never happened on Jessie, Wheezy and Squeeze.
> >
> > Very frustrating because I like to use additional panel on desk top.
> >

> I just tried other newly installed Stretch. Same problem. I guess this
> is Debian Stretch specific problem.

Have you checked LXDE's site for this problem or posted a query about
it to their mailing list, etc?

I've been testing Stretch 64-bit in VirtualBox, but only with Openbox,
LXDE's default window manager, that is, no desktop environment
installed, and I don't experience this problem.

Check in your user home directory for .config/lxpanel/default/panels
and see what's listed.

FYI:  I'm using sysvinit as init for this test install, but have not
removed any systemd stuff.  Could make a difference.  Who knows?