Trying to understand keymaps in virtual console.

Trying to examine why i cant insert acute accent diacritic over greek  vowels i come upon the console-common package.
Trying to install it i get prompted:

-Select keymap from arch-list
  // select one of the predefined keymaps specific for your architecture.
   // (recommended for non usb keyboards)
-Dont touch keymap
   // Dont overwrite the keymap in /etc/console
   // which is maintained manually with install keymap
-Keep kernel keymap
   // prevent from any keymap being loaded the next time system boots
-Select keymap from full list
   // list all predefined keymaps. Recommended when using
   // cross architecture (often USB) keyboards

So i wonder.. will that keymap mess with my X server or not?
How come that package was not installed ? Was my virtual console
working with another keymap and if so then do i need console data?