Re: Asterisk security update

On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 06:19:04PM +0200, Rob van der Putten wrote:
> Hi there
>

> On 04/10/17 17:33, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 05:24:21PM +0200, Rob van der Putten wrote:
> >>
> >>The Asterisk security update seems to exclude amd64; I can't find a
> >>13.14.1~dfsg-2+deb9u2_amd64.deb in pool.
> >
> >That is quite strange.  There have been reports of uploads disappearing
> >from the ftp-master host some days ago as a result of an outage:
> >
> >https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2017/09/msg00385.html
> >https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2017/10/msg00006.html
> >
> >Those threads may shed some light on the matter.
>
> According to https://packages.debian.org/stretch/asterisk there is no
> 13.14.1~dfsg-2+deb9u2_amd64.deb. Which is a bit confusing when one expects
> an update.

I understand.  It is made more puzzling by the fact that the PTS does
not report an upload of 13.14.1~dfsg-2+deb9u2 taking place and the
buildd logs do not seem to be available for the stretch-security suite
to even see how the packages were built for the other architectures.

I suspect the maintainer built the package on amd64 and uploaded it, it
was built for the other architectures from the source package, but the
binary amd64 packages were lost.  However, that is nothing more than
speculation.

Regards,

-Roberto

--