Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 09:09:45AM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> Fedora is the development and test bed for RHEL much as Debian
> Testing is for Stable.

That's not a perfect analogy by any means: Fedora is used as a test bed for
technology that later ends up in RHEL, yes, but that's the end of it. One is a
commercial product, the other a community-driven, desktop-oriented
distribution. RHEL is not simply a rebranded, frozen Fedora release. They're
different distributions.

> But technically, you're correct: systemd was in Fedora before RHEL. Spliting
> hairs..

The best kind of correct, and not splitting hairs at all, since Fedora and
RHEL are not the same thing.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland