Re: hotpluggable member of a bridge

> But, it all changes if you replace conventional bridge with
> openvswitch, which *can* add new interfaces (ports as they call it) to
> its own bridges dynamically *and* it can be configured via interfaces(5).

Interesting.  Would it work if the IP address of the bridge is acquired
dynamically via DHCP?

E.g. at boot, the bridge contains only eth0, but it can't get an IP
address because there's no DHCP server on that network (or maybe eth0
is not even connected to anything yet).

Later, someone connects an ethernet dongle that appears as usb0 and that
one should be added to br0 and since it is connected to a network that
has a DHCP server, I'd want the br0 to acquire an IP at that moment.

        Stefan