Re: reasons to ditch LILO before upgrading to jessie?

Stephen Powell wrote:
> As far as LILO being unmaintained is concerned, I wouldn't be too concerned
> about that.  I've been thinking about offering to maintain it myself.  I haven't
> heard from Joachim lately.  Maybe I'll drop him another line.

I think LILO is an important part of Linux infrastructure.
Please consider asking for contributions if you do take over
maintenance.

You also mentioned elilo. This project appears to be
abandoned.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/elilo/

Are you aware if there is much in common?

(E)LILO for GPT and UEFI would be helpful to Linux minimalists
dealing with modern hardware.

Thanks for  your LILO reference pages!

~Joel

--