Re: USB storage devices not being recognized

On 02/10/15 05:35 PM, Floris wrote:
Op Fri, 02 Oct 2015 18:34:10 +0200 schreef Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net>:

I'm running an up to date Stretch/AMD64 system with Plasma desktop. I just plugged in my camera through its USB cable but didn't get a notification window.

The camera shows up in lsusb but there is no storage device showing when I try ls /dev/sd*.

I took the SD card out from the camera and put it in a USB SD adapter. The device shows up in lsusb and ls /dev/sd* but not the media.

The media works fine in the camera. I can take pictures and review previously taken pictures so I believe the problem is with Stretch.

Has anyone seen this problem or know of a fix?

What is the name and the brand of the camera?
And can you post the output of
 journalctl -r
(The first 20 lines should be enough)
after you have plugged the camera in?

success,

floris

Don't have it handy right now, but the problem doesn't appear to be the camera (Canon SX100). It used to work. Moreover the card isn't readable in a USB SD card reader. Again it used to work.

I'll get the camera and post the results later. Tied up right now.