Re: Question about GRUB recovery using Debian 7.x LiveCD

On Wednesday 25 February 2015 14:08:12 Ric Moore wrote:
> On 02/25/2015 03:18 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > On Wednesday 25 February 2015 06:00:58 Bret Busby wrote:
> >> Why does the Debian standard installation iso image, not include an
> >> "Abort installation" option (at each screen, although, even, a single
> >> instantiation, on the primary menu, would help, by rebooting the
> >> system into that menu, to do it, if that is the only way to access
> >> that option), that would enable ejection of the removable media with
> >> the iso image, instead of making this so difficult, to extract the
> >> removable media with the iso image?
> >
> > If someone just wants to abort the installation, why not just turn the PC
> > off and use a paperclip to remove the CD?
>
> Try finding a paperclip when you need one nowadays! I have one in my
> mini toolkit just for that purpose. Ric

I have one of those "all purpose" kits too.  Black, zipper closed and could
hold 3 readers digests if cleaned out. So useless I have no clue where it may
be today.  Grass Valley gave it out at the NAB a good 25 years ago. I haven't
tossed it, packrat that I am.  It's here someplace.  And I do have my hand on
a bible.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)