Re: Joey Hess is out?

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@libertytrek.org> writes:
>
>>> And because some devs want to placate those whiners, we get interminable
>>> political games and good people quitting the project.
>>>
>>> Why don't the anti-systemd people do what they've been threatening the
>>> whole time and fuck off to another distro or to FreeBSD?
>>
>> Wow. Just wow.
>>
>> Yes, there is a lot of FUD spread by anti-systemd people - just as there
>> is by the systemd proponents.
>>
> Funny. I don't see the pro-side start thread after thread, or using the
> political process to essentially 'fight bitter rearguard battles'.
> [...]

I suppose you don't see yourself as fighting bitter rearguard battles?

Defending the list? But you're adding to the noise.

If systemd can stand on its own, it doesn't have to be defended
against every "whinger" that comes along.

(And I'll have you know that many, probably most of those you accuse
of being whiners are very busy working out alternatives. And part of
the reason we are not happy with the creeping dependency on systemd is
that we had other plans for our spare time, useful projects that got
pushed to the back burner so that we can keep applications we need
running in spite of upstream.)

--
Joel Rees