Re: Systemd and Unix

On 11/05/2014 06:30 AM, Gary Dale wrote:
On 05/11/14 12:54 AM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
On 11/04/2014 08:06 PM, Gary Dale wrote:

I've got a problem with sysvinit on one machine running Wheezy..

Would you mind telling us what the problem is?

I already did a couple of days ago on this list. Got no responses so I
filed a bug report.

The problem is the /etc/init.d/networking script never completes, which
prevents a server from booting. All the subsequent scripts are waiting
for this one to complete before proceeding.

Probable cause /ect/network/interfaces is not configured and is a development/release problem and is not Wheezy specific problem. I've seen the problem a few times lately while systemd has been in development and I just fix it. https://wiki.debian.org/NetworkConfiguration
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Squeeze - KDE 4.4.5 - AMD64 - EXT4 at sda11
Registered Linux User #380263