Re: Assange and NSA

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 1:57 AM, Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> wrote:
> Once again you don't understand the difference between a single machine and
> multiple machines acting as a single server for load balancing and hot
> backups.
>
> And by my counting, e-, f-, i-, j- and l-root is five urls, not 19.

Can I ask please, what is the point of this debate? As anyone who's
dug into DNS knows, there are thirteen root server names, thirteen
root server IPv4 addresses, a shade under thirteen IPv6 addresses (I
think it's eleven at the moment), and (mainly thanks to anycast) lots
more than thirteen actual responsive servers right near you. And then
there are non-authoritative caches of (some of) their data in every
caching resolver around the world, so you quite possibly have partial
DNS root servers right in your own home. What has this to do with
control, or the US versus Europe, or Debian?

ChrisA