Re: Boot up is not Completing, it is Cycling

> I suspect hardware problems. Could you try a live CD?

Andrei,

Thank you for responding.  The system works fine in Windows.  In fact, I found even though rebooting Linux many times did not stop it, once I booted into Windows and then back into Linux, it worked fine.  The same thing happened again.  So I immediately went to Windows and then back to Linux and all is fine.

It seems there is a hardware issue; since Windows works fine, I am concerned that it may be a SSD or HDD configuration issue.  I have 1 HDD and 4 SSDs all on the same MD controller (MSI Big Bang).  But I don't have a clues as to determine how to pull apart the tangle.

Due to the time out issue, I am wondering if there might be a BIOS conflict with the Linux installation.  I don't know how to get to those boot logs.

I have read they should be in /var/log/ and dmesg.log but I don't find that file and when I use gedit to go look, it says I don't have rights.  I could get to it by the root terminal, but I don't want to parse and unknown log at the command line and my grep skills are non existent.

Ray