Re: why linux can't see my memory

On 01/05/2014 05:00 PM, Long Wind wrote:
Thanks for your reply!
I have google and someone says changing BIOS option about memory hole

I search my BIOS, can't find such option,  no luck

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:
Zenaan Harkness wrote:
On 1/5/14, Long Wind <longwind2009@gmail.com> wrote:
BIOS see all memory and Windows XP can run
Yes, memory test OK after the memtest probe method

/snip/

Have watched this thread for a little. In this day and age, 1GB ram is just not enough,
and ram is pretty cheap nowadays. Why not spring for another 1GB and simplify your life?
What kind do you need? I might have an old stick of 1 or 2GB you could have. If you're
in the US and I have one, I'll send it to you.

--doug