(Continued) which image shall I use for P4/2.9G

I have posted the problem a few days ago
the problem is linux can't find memory:
not enough memory to load specified image

I believe I have made some progress
I run memtest, it reports 688k memory
I select configuration, Memory Sizing,
and use probe method, memtest find 1 G memory
that's available!

below are 2 paragraphs copied from memtest README:

The first option (BIOS-All) also uses the "e820" method to obtain a memory
map.  However, when this option is selected all of the reserved memory
segments are tested, regardless of what their intended use is.  The only
exception is memory segments that begin above 3gb.  Testing has shown that
these segments are typically not safe to test.  The BIOS-All option is more
thorough but could be unstable with some motherboards.

The second option for memory sizing is the traditional "Probe" method.
This is a very thorough but not entirely safe method.  In the majority of
cases the BIOS-All and Probe methods will return the same memory map.

Now it seems I need to add some kernel option in grub before boot
but which option? I am reading
/usr/share/doc/linux-doc-3.2/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt
and hasn't have any success

Can you help me?