Re: Recovery mode: impossible to run dpkg ( was Re: boot problem: stuck at "Switching to clocksource tsc" )

Le 06.10.2013 18:34, Curt a écrit :
On 2013-10-06, berenger.morel@neutralite.org
<berenger.morel@neutralite.org> wrote:

Any idea about how to be able to run terminal stuff correctly in
recovery mode? Maybe changing the terminal (if so, how could I do
that?)?

export TERM=linux

says google

Thanks. But, this line does obviously not change the terminal: it lure the softwares so that they can not check that the real running terminal is not the good one. Remember the context: I am trying to save an installation from recovery mode, which is in TTY.

However, I've just tried it, in case it would work. The dialog box is very ugly, since the formating is completely destroyed, but since changing kernel only shows a dialog box to say that one could have to install firmwares, it's ok. So, thanks you.

Sadly, it does not resolve my original problem of clocksource... I guess I'll have to reinstall.