Re: Security?

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 20:31:16 -0400
shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]- just
> immagine all of the juicy info you can get from that. There's
> probably more awesome info there than search terms. And since
> they're not encrypted and awesome little udp packets of
> goodness, my prism would've been just for dns :)

Except that from DNS, it's not so easy to get identity info as
from HTTP cookies.

So unless

*   your target is using public IP (who has one? and is crazy
    enough to use it?)[1]

*   or the IP is shared by few *and* you are willing to somehow
    smartly couple DNS request data with HTTP and cookies data
    (say, based on activity during daytime), which in most
    cases would be useless

I don't think you can get much useful info (other than
statistical, of course,) from that.

  [1]: I just realized that I have one for my VPS, and also have
       set up OpenVPN for access to sensitive sites from coffee
       shops, although I almost don't really use it... :)

aL.

--
Alois Mahdal.  I prefer to write up this line every time.
Really.  Two lines now.