Re: nvidia module

> Really?  I've always needed an xorg.conf file to allow the use of the
> nVidia driver.

Yes man! its true. For example, if i reload system to my old kernel -
everything is ok. And i have not any xorg.conf.
i should do rectification. I am talking about system on notebook with
intel and nvidia videocards. For running applications on nvidia card i use
optiran command from shell.
> As for stopping working after upgrade, you are aware that the nVidia
> module needs to be recompiled after a kernel update?  It's why I use the
> *-dkms nvidia kernel modules, as that way, it's all taken care of for
> you.
Could you explain me this more particullary?