XFCE application shortcuts

Hello  *,

I'm trying to bind a keyboard shortcut to control sound volume. I've found
this:

however when I open "Settings > Keyboard > Application shortcuts" and click
"Add +", the friendly GUI does not let me enter any shortcut. I'm able to
enter the command 'amixer set Master 5%+', but above the command text field,
beside the "Shortcut" text, there's nothing to click or anything suggesting
a way to enter the shortcut, just gray dialog background. If I try
confirming the command without a shortcut it obviously complains with a
error dialog (though the fact it's complaining is only deducible because
there's no "ok" button, only "cancel" under a recap of an empty shortcut and
the command I entered).

Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's so obvious how to enter the shortcut that I
don't get it (I'm a programmer, things that are obvious for others are not
always obvious for me...)

Wheezy amd64 up-to-date.