Re: alternatives to skype

On 10/02/13 00:34, Russell L. Harris wrote:
* Philip Ashmore<contact@philipashmore.com>  [130209 09:45]:
WebRTC is fast becoming the standard for this.
Even Skype is thinking about adopting this for phone to tablet to pc
video chats without plug-ins - see
http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webrtc/basics/

Because you appear to have a current and good perspective on video
conferencing, may I ask your recommendation for an approach to utilize
in the immediate future -- tomorrow, next week, next month.
<snip>
It's an up-coming browser technology - I read about it and thought they might have a demo for two people to use, to start a conversation via email links, but upon further reading I couldn't find one.

Try Google+ hangouts - I've used it with Firefox.

You need a GoogleEmail account.

Create a hangout and others (in your circle) can join in.

See http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts/

Philip