Re: Display hurtful on LCD screen with Wheezy

On Jo, 20 sep 12, 17:23:50, lee wrote:
> Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have however seen LCD monitors behave significantly different
> > depending on refresh rate. Entire areas were blury, but everything was
> > fine when I switched to another refresh rate (60Hz -> 75Hz if I remember
> > correctly).
>
> How did you do that?  I thought their rates cannot be switched.  The X
> server tries to go by what EDID data it reads from the monitor, and I
> don't have any other data available.

This is on Windows XP with an older LCD monitor using the D-SUB
connector. The refresh rates are available as an option in the Advanced
settings, so my guess is the monitor advertises them as viable in its
EDID. The DA and AD conversion involved might also play a role...

Kind regards,
Andrei