Re: Adding user to dual boot laptop

On 10 October 2012 01:53, Gary Roach <gary719_list1@verizon.net> wrote:
> I set up her account in passwd and group and I set up her home directory.

This is something I don't quite get; how did you create the account?
With commands in a terminal? Did you create her home directory
manually as root with a command? Have you checked if the directory's
properties are correct?

I would do this: delete the new user (including removing it's home
directory) and create it again in KDE System Settings. Log out and see
if the new user is there and see if you can log in normally.

/Helgi Örn