Re: Swap space not used (problem website)

On 04/05/12 16:34, Bret Busby wrote:
> On Fri, 4 May 2012, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>

>> On 04/05/12 15:16, Bret Busby wrote:

<snipped>

>> Works just as well in iceweasel 12.0.1 with NoScript fully enabled.
>> Ditto Konqueror 4.4.5
>>

> Hmm.
>
> It does work in iceweasel 3.5.16, with Javascript disabled
>
> ("
> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20120421
> Iceweasel/3.5.16 (like Firefox/3.5.16)
> ")
>
> I was wrong - I had a memory that it did not work without Javascript.

perhaps you meant to remember "must. not. enable. javascript. for.
whitepages"

:-)

> I have both java and javascript disabled in iceweasel, so it should not
> be that it is using java rather than javascript.

easy to determine (view source).

> But, with Konqueror, when I select the Residential tab, then enter a
> surname, and then an initial, and then tab to the Location or whatever
> text box, it freezes with showing 99% downloaded, and, if I try to close
> the window (after going to alpine, then minimising this window, nothing
> except the title bar is displayed for the Konqueror window), I get
>
> "
> whitepages.com.au - Search for an Australian Business, Government or
> Person – Konqueror is not responding.
>
> You may choose to wait a short while for it to continue or force the
> application to quit entirely.
> "
>
> causing me to select the Force Quit option.
>
> I have just tried (yet) again, and, in trying to go to the default
> (business) web page, it got to "140 images of 161 downloaded" and 90%,
> then it froze.
>
> ("
> Konqueror
> Version 4.4.5 (KDE 4.4.5)
> Using KDE Development Platform 4.4.5 (KDE 4.4.5)
> ")

I can't account for your experience - perhaps it's that you're not
running xul-ext-adblock-plus?

> My experience with that web site, is that it is simply malicious.

Which presumes "they did it deliberately", and, implies you've not had
much experience at working for Telstra ;-p

<snipped>

Kind regards

answers to questions about Debian:-