Re: [OT] British vs. American English

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 02:12:53 +1300, Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> wrote:

> Not sure I understand what you are saying. Unless the wrong terms are
> being used, but transformers "hate" DC. Plus also, think of voltage like

    I ment the voltage drop on the long lines. And that there was no device like
transformer for DC. Thanks the existance of transformers AC could be easily converted
to higher and lower voltages - shich ment, that long distance transmissions could be at
high voltage and converted to lower voltage near the consumer. And that was one of
the main reasons, why AC one out.
    Nowadays DC current is actualy used for long distance high voltage power transmissions
(because of lower losses). But it's my understanding that the voltage conversion is still
not as easy and simple, as it is with AC.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee