no java plugin for Wheezy browsers?

During the spate of upgrades that I installed on my Wheezy systems over the past few days I noticed that the icedtea6-plugin package had been removed. There's only one site at which I use a Java plugin for my browsers. I'm not going to use the non-free or contrib repositories on these systems, so the Sun Java stuff won't do for me.

Would anyone know whether or not a replacement for (or alternative to) this plugin is slated for arrival in testing main repository any time soon? I checked the Debian Java dev list and didn't see any information about it at all.