Re: how to play midi in etch

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 01:14:11 -0500 (EST), Long Wind wrote:
> I install playmidi on etch
> but can't use it
> it complains "open /dev/sequencer: No such file ..."
> I try -f and -a options, neither works
> my sound card used to use CS4281 module
> now it use snd-pcm-oss
> I don't like timidity
> Please help!

I accidentally stumbled upon a solution to this problem with Lenny
and a CS4237B sound chip on my IBM ThinkPad 600 laptop.  It involves
modifying the boot scripts to add a particular "cat" command.
Don't ask me why it works, but it does.  I don't know if it will work
for you in your situation, but you can give it a try.

Here's the link --> http://www.wowway.com/~zlinuxman/tp600.htm

Good luck.