Re: Squeeze Frozen, NOT

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 08:32:31PM +0200, Teemu Likonen wrote:
> * 2010-02-22 20:22 (+0200), Brent Clark wrote:
>
> > Almost March.
> >
> > You know what they means. Cant wait for Squeeze to be frozen.
>
> Marc Brockschmidt from the Debian release team wrote that it's unlikely
> that they will freeze in March. There are just too many release-critical
> bugs.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/02/msg00002.html

How "apt"ly named was squeeze, the release squeezed into only a year to
adjust the package release cycle?  And yet, I doubt that it was only I who
doubted that plan.  And, surely, many besides myself have felt this push in
the form of a short but buggy season.

So now what? If the gain on the cycle becomes 6 months instead of 1 year,
do they truncate yet another release to close the remaining 6 months between
the Big Brown One's and Debian's cycles?

Why doesn't the Big Brown one wait a year. Their forums read like they could
use some catching up.

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman