Re: OT: Bush quotes

On 02/05/2009 05:30 AM, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
Chris Jones wrote:
On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 01:57:04AM EST, Alex Samad wrote:
-- "It's a school full of so-called at-risk children. It's how we,
unfortunately, label certain children. It means basically they can't
learn.  It's one of the best schools in Houston."

	- George W. Bush While speaking about KIPP Academy in Houston, TX
In the future, Samad, please refrain from posting stuff like the above
concerning my country's former President.

Strange... I thought you Americans value freedom of speech so much.

Note that Chris Jones did *not* say "Stop profaning Allah, or we chop your head off, violate your women and salt your fields." That would be anti-"free speech".

He, OTOH, said "please", and didn't even follow it up with a threat.

Lastly, "free speech" is nowhere near absolute, even in the US, even though it was greatly expanded in the 1900s.

Really lastly, prudence and manners are always useful on a public list.

Absolutely lastly

> (Can't remember the number of the amendment, though.)

Number One. Along with Establishment and Free Exercise of Religion, Freedom of the Press, Peaceable Assembly, and Petitioning the Government.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification