Re: SUDO

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 10:51:29PM -0500, Celejar wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 09:10:45 -0500
> "Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > 	3.	Choose a different game.
>
> Can you recommend anything in Debian as good as Wesnoth? [Yes, Nethack
> is incomparable, but still ...]

I haven't played a computer game in some time.  The last was solpy
(solitare in python) and whatsit the civilization simulation.

In storage (with most of my stuff), I have my windows 3.1 floppies and
my Harpoon CD as well as (for Dos) F-119 Stealth Fighter, and Red Storm
Rising.  I had the priviledge way back when of playing RS and Harpoon
with an ex-CO of a cold-war attack sub.  Since I didn't know the same
rule book he studied (or the opposition's rule book either), he couldn't
predict what I'd do.  F-119 had a flaw: it expected that the pilot would
fly on auto-pilot (stuck at 500 ft) and standard cruise.  It didn't take
into account an increased RCS with the flaps down so I would fly the
whole mission with flaps down at just above landing speed (wheels up,
however) and nothing would see me.  Nothing like flying 20' above the
Lybian desert at 120 knots.

I also played Asteroid on OS/2.

If you really want to play your game, choose one of the other
suggestions.

Doug.